Dr. Kela leads the Foundation’s initiatives globally and is driving its expansion across Asia, Africa and Latin America.
- Expanded Foundation’s initiatives across 20 countries and enabled over $100M of Govt. investment during the past eight years
- Scaled startup Symphony Services to $175M with eventual exit at $780M
- Grew AutoCAD business from $170M to $850M during 10 years at Autodesk
- PhD research on computer graphics lead to multi-million dollar products at GE and Autodesk
- B-Tech, IIT Bombay, India and Ph.D from University of Rochester, USA
Based out of Bangalore, Sanjay heads the India/SEA operations of the Wadhwani Foundation.
- Over three decades of experience in founding and steering software product companies to the global market
- Founded Zapty, Instavans Logistics, Skelta, Everest Software and Accel Computers, some of which were successfully acquired
- Last stint was with iManage as its Managing Director for Asia responsible for business development of its solutions in Asia
- On the board of Sasken Technologies and Instavans Logistics as an Independent Director, and on the advisory board of Avo Automation
- Member of iSpirt (Indian Software Product Industry Round Table), Young President’s Organization, and currently on the board of the Bangalore chapter
- M.S. in Computer Science from Virginia Tech and a B.Tech in Aeronautical Engineering from IIT, Bombay
Based out of Mumbai, Ratna heads the Wadhwani Catalyst Fund which invests in high quality entrepreneurs with scalable business models and programs, with the overall objective of accelerating economic development by creating livelihoods / jobs
- A private equity investor with 20 years of experience across growth/ buyout and early investing, consulting and banking
- Has experience spanning the entire cycle of investing, portfolio turnarounds and exits across multiple investments
- Prior to joining the Catalyst Fund, she was with Boston Consulting Group (BCG) in strategy consulting
- Prior to BCG, she was an Executive Director at Everstone Capital, an Asia focused PE fund with over US$ 3 billion in AUM, where she spent 11+ years overseeing investments in consumer, education, financial services and healthcare
- She has been on the board of various portfolio companies, driving overall strategy and growth. She is also a board advisor to various start-ups and an active member of various entrepreneurship networks.
Her other experiences include:
- Investment Banking at JP Morgan, covering telecom and media in South East Asia
- Consulting at Arthur Andersen
- Ratna is a rank holder Chartered Accountant and has completed all levels of the CFA program (Charlottesville, USA). She has also attended the “Negotiations and Leadership Program” of Harvard Business School. She was chosen as the “Top 20 digital influencer of 2020” by leading news portal, Yourstory.